So even though I had cooking as a subject in school, (which I actually graduated with a distinction), I am not your everyday ‘cook’. I hate cooking, mostly because it’s messy and standing on your feet in front of the oven is not my ideal idea of how I want to spend any of my time.
But, for the last couple of months, I have actually been enjoying it, especially since I always try to figure out how to make cooking easy and quick! Don’t get me wrong, I love food and eating more than I love binge watching my fave series!
I’m not a bad cook, (except for the few times I almost burnt our house to ashes) it just takes too much of my time. So this recipe, which I created myself and absolutely LOVE, is for those times where you just don’t have any time! Enjoy!
This is a big dish, and serves about 8 people (unless you eat for 3 like I do!)
- 1 Packet Lasagna Sheets
- 1.5kg Mince Meat
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion
- 3 Carrots (Grated)
- 1 Knorr Beef Stock Pot
- 1 Packet Tomato Paste
- 2 Tsp Oreganum
- 1 Tb Curry Paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cheese, Lots and Lots of Cheese! (For on top)
White Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Liter Milk
- 3 Tbs Flour
- 1 Tbs Butter
- Cheese (Optional)
- Cook the chopped onions until soft
- Add the mince
- Once the mince is cooked, add all the other igredients
- Let it simmer for 45 minutes
- Pour half a cup of milk in a shaker/blender and add the flour. If you don’t have one, use a bowl with a fork to mix
- Boil the rest of the milk with the butter (but be sure to mix it often as it burns easily)
- Mix some of the boiled milk with the flour mix to warm it up slowly so it doesn’t make lumps
- Add the mixture into the pot with the rest of the milk
- Bring to boil
- Add cheese (Optional)
Layer an oven pan in the following order:
- White sauce
- Lasagne sheets
- Mince meat
Make each layer thin enough to cover the previous layer. Continue until all the pots are empty.
Cover the top with a nice thick layer of grated cheese. Bake in the oven at 180°C for as long as you want without burning it (45min – 1 hour).